What You Need To Open This Account (in about 7 minutes)
- Your driver's license or state-issued ID
- Your Social Security Number
- Your current checking or savings account number and routing number
- Your previous home address (if less than 2 years at current)
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and must be U.S. citizens to apply. Minors, resident aliens and non-resident aliens may apply by contacting the financial institution. For your protection, the system will automatically log you off if there is no activity for 1 hour.
Do not use your browser's BACK or FORWARD buttons when using this online application. Doing so may cause unexpected results.
=APY. *Minimum to open account is $100 for Free Reward Checking and $100 for Reward Saver. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 2/22/12.
The interest rate and APY that apply to your Reward Saver account will be determined based on whether you have met the qualification criteria for your Reward Checking account.
When the Reward Checking qualifications are not met, the interest rate on your Reward Saver account will be 0.05%, and the annual percentage yield will be 0.05%.
When the Reward Checking qualifications are met, the interest rate on your Reward Saver account and corresponding annual percentage yield will be tiered. If your daily balance is $10,000.00 or less, the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 0.499% with an annual percentage yield of 0.50%. An interest rate of 0.25% will be paid only for that portion of your daily balance that is greater than $10,000.00. The annual percentage yield for this tier will range from 0.50%-0.27% depending on the balance in the account.
The Reward Checking APY is based on compounding interest. Please be aware that the interest earned in Reward Checking is automatically transferred to Reward Saver each statement cycle and does not compound. As a result, the actual interest amount paid for Reward Checking may be less than the APY disclosed for that account. The Reward Saver APY's may be less than the Reward Checking.
The interest rate and annual percentage yield may change. At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account. We may change the interest rate on your account at any time. Interest will be compounded on your Reward Saver account on a monthly basis. Interest will be credited to your account on the last day of the statement cycle. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest. Interest begins to accrue on the business day you deposit noncash items (for example, checks). We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the
principal in the account each day.
Please note that transactions MUST post and clear your Reward Checking account during the monthly qualification cycle in order to receive the preferred rate on both the Reward Checking and the Reward Saver accounts, and to receive ATM fee reimbursements in the Reward Checking account. Transactions may not be in a pending state to qualify as one of the qualifications. Transactions may take on or more banking days from the date the transactions was made to post and clear an account.
We will reimburse you for domestic ATM fees incurred in your Reward Checking account if you have met your qualifications for the month. ATM fee reimbursements will be credited to your Reward Checking account on the last day of your statement cycle. Your interest earned and any ATM fee reimbursements credited to your Reward Checking account will be transferred to your Reward Saver account automatically on the first business day following the day they were credited to your Reward Checking account.
You must have a Reward Checking account in order to open a Reward Saver account, and the Reward Checking account must remain open throughout the period that you hold the Reward Saver account. In the event that you close your Reward Checking account, we reserve the right to close your Reward Saver account.
Then number of withdrawals or transfers from Reward Saver that you make in-person, by mail or at an ATM are unlimited. During your statement cycle, you may also make up to six transfers or payments in the aggregate via pre-authorized withdrawals, telephone banking and online banking service, automatic transfers or at point of sale terminals using your ATM or debit card. These transactions are considered made on the date the transactions posts and clears your account, not the date the withdrawal request was initiated.
- Applicant Information
- How do I apply for an account on CheckingFinder.com?
- You don't have to actually visit a branch. You'll just need to answer a few simple questions to verify your identity when you apply online. Your chosen institution may follow up with you for additional documentation (signature card, copy of your driver's license, etc.) to complete the application process. These are items you can easily provide via email or fax.
- Why is the initial opening deposit limited?
- This protects you and your chosen institution against fraudulent activity.
- Once complete, how can I check the status of my application?
- Once you complete your application, communicate exclusively with your chosen institution to manage your account. Please refer to your confirmation page for contact information.
- When do I get my debit/check card?
- Once you complete your application, your chosen financial institution will reach out to you with instructions on receiving your debit/check card and setting up your secure PIN number.
- How soon can I start using my new account?
- This may vary a little by each institution. Your chosen institution will contact you to let you know when to expect your temporary checks, debit/check card and when you can start using your new account.